The Weather Channel ® companies, together with the Ram Truck brand launch partner, announces an all-new Hunting section on weather.com, along with a refresh of its popular Fishing section. The Hunting & Fishing section offers relevant news and information, as well as the most reliable weather forecasts for all your favorite locations to hunt or fish.
Sportsmen and women – an estimated 40 million in the United States – know how important weather is to their day, and weather.com can help answer the important questions. What time is sunrise? Will it rain? When is high tide? When will wildlife be active?
“At The Weather Channel, we know our audience includes a huge number of people who like to hunt and fish, and we have always seen traffic to ourFishing section peak during season,” said Mike Finnerty, vice president of weather.com. “With the addition of the new Hunting information, we hope to be even more helpful in planning your next trip out on the boat, to the river, to hunting camp, or to the tree stand.”
The Hunting & Fishing section includes:
· Top news and content including relevant fishing and hunting articles and videos
· A Fishing Forecast gives detailed weather data, including local fish activity, temperature, precipitation, wind, humidity, hourly and day-part forecasts, as well as sunrise, sunset and moon phases.
· Exclusive weather-related hunting videos custom made for The Weather Channel by Drury Outdoors
· Gear guides with video to keep you up to date on the best tools and outfitters.
· Sport Hot Spots Map – Share with fellow sportsmen your favorite spots to hunt and fish, where to eat, sleep and buy gear along the way, or just brag about your best catch.
· User-generated photos submitted from the field – share your best photos.
The Ram Truck brand is the exclusive launch partner through the end of the year. The campaign will run on weather.com online and on The WeatherChannel Apps for iPhone and Android targeting weather enthusiasts and outdoor lifestyle users.
The Weather Channel and Ram Truck brand have been working together since earlier this year on a previously announced partnership with the First Response Team of America disaster relief organization. Ram sponsors The Weather Channel’s exclusive cross-platform series of in-the-field “Responding by Storm” reports chronicling the response team’s work assisting local first responders after a disaster.
The Hunting & Fishing section is leading the way in a complete refresh of weather.com’s Sports & Recreation section, which includes Hunting & Fishing, Boat & Beach/Marine, Golf, Ski conditions, Outdoor Entertaining, and Local Park Guides.
Let The Weather Channel help plan your next trip with the new Hunting & Fishing section at www.weather.com/sports-rec/hunting-fishing/main.